On Air Now
The Classic FM Concert with John Suchet 8pm - 10pm
15 July 2019, 16:55 | Updated: 15 July 2019, 19:47
A former Royal College of Music Junior Department violinist has reportedly died from an overdose of ‘Calvin Klein’.
Young violinist, Katya Tsukanova, has died from a lethal combination of recreational drugs.
The 17-year-old daughter of Russian bankers and philanthropists, Igor Tsukanov and Natasha Tsukanova, has been reported to have taken a mix of cocaine and ketamine, which is known as ‘Calvin Klein’ and is currently doing the rounds at parties.
Tsukanova’s father found her dead at the family’s Kensington home last month, just days after turning 17 and having recently performed a lunchtime recital at the Royal Opera House’s Crush Room.
Speaking to The Telegraph, Mr Tsukanov said: “My daughter was so happy, and she had such a bright future.
“She was such a smart girl, and she made one bad choice. What can we parents do? The children will do what they want anyway, and they never tell you the truth.”
“She had just performed at the Royal Opera House and she was planning for the future,” her father told The Telegraph. “She even had a board on her bedroom wall with all her concerts perfectly laid out. Then one morning I came in, and she was lying dead on the floor.”
An inquest into the exact cause of her death will be held later this year.
A concert in Tsukanova’s memory will take place on 11 August at Italy’s Suoni dal Golfo festival, The Strad reports.
‘Calvin Klein’ is the slang name for the combination of cocaine (“Calvin”) and Ketamine (“Klein”).
The former is a Class A drug and the latter is Class B, according to the UK Government drug classification system.