How to listen to Classic FM
5 February 2021, 10:55 | Updated: 29 January 2024, 11:12
All the ways you can listen to the UK’s most popular classical music radio station.
1. Online via Global Player’s website
2. Via Global Player, the official Classic FM app
3. On Smart Speakers – “play Classic FM”
4. Through Your TV
5. On DAB+ Digital Radio and on 100-102 FM
Classic FM | The World’s Greatest Music
How to listen to Classic FM Online
You can also click on the green ‘Listen’ button on the ClassicFM.com homepage, and at the top of every article on the Classic FM website.
How to listen to Classic FM via Global Player mobile app
You can listen to Classic FM live, any time and anywhere in the world, via Global Player, the official Classic FM app.
Download the Global Player app, or the Classic FM app, from App Store or Google Play, and enjoy the world’s greatest music on the go.
You can also enjoy Classic FM’s fine selection of podcasts, including John Suchet’s Beethoven: The Man Revealed, David Walliams’ Marvellous Musical Podcast, and Case Notes, as well as playlists, including Classic FM Relax, and programmes and music from our sister stations LBC, Smooth, Radio X, Heart, Capital and Capital Xtra.
Listen to Classic FM on smart speakers
If you’ve got a smart speaker, say to it “Play Classic FM” and enjoy the world’s greatest music in your home.
If you have an Amazon Alexa, and you want to catch up on the last seven days of Classic FM programmes for free, use the new Global Player Amazon skill. Just ask for a programme and a date, then sit back and relax…
How To Listen To Classic FM On Google Home & Google Assistant
Just say “Hey Google, Play Classic FM!”
How To Listen To Classic FM On Apple HomePod & Siri
Just say “Hey Siri, Play Classic FM.”
You can also ask Siri on your iPhone or iPad to play Classic FM via the Global Player app or Apple Music.
How To Listen To Classic FM On Sonos
You can also listen on your Sonos smart speaker by adding ‘Global Player’ as a music source in your Sonos app or, to listen live, search for Classic FM within the new Sonos Radio section in the Sonos app.
Listen to Classic FM through your TV
You can listen to Classic FM via the TV on the following channels:
• Freeview: Classic FM is now available as a free-to-air channel with Freeview. You will find us on Channel 731.
• Sky: Classic FM is available as a free-to-air channel with any package on Sky digital satellite television Channel number 0106.
• Virgin Media: Classic FM is also now available as a free-to-air channel on cable digital Virgin Media on Channel 922.
• Freesat: Classic FM is available as a free-to-air channel with Freesat. You will find us on Channel 721.
You can also tune in to Classic FM using the Global Player app on your Apple TV, Sky Glass and Sky Q set-top boxes, and Samsung TVs.
Listen to Classic FM on DAB+ Digital or FM Radio
You can select ‘Classic FM’ on DAB+ digital radio, or listen via 100-102 FM.
As of 2 January 2024, Classic FM has upgraded its radio signal to DAB+, and is no longer available on DAB. Explore our five recommendations for trusted DAB+ radios and devices here.