Music & Playlist FAQs
You can make a request in one of three ways:
- Simply email us your request via the Requests page
- Call 0845 7 49 1812 during the shows
- Text us your request on 61812
Members of our Music Department listen to all new releases sent to us by the record companies. We regularly test our playlist on a sample of listeners, who give their opinions on the music we play.
The Classic FM playlist is updated regularly and you can view the tracks we've played during the last two weeks via our online playlist.
You can view details of all tracks played on Classic FM in the last few days via our online interactive playlist , which allows you to search by date and time or by a specific composer or artist.
There could be several reasons for missing data on the online playlist.
- You are looking for information more than two weeks in the past - track information is only held for up to two weeks.
- You are looking at a time slot or date in the future - information only becomes available as tracks are played out on air. If you return to the playlist once the next track starts and refresh the page, you should see information for the track just played.
- Occasionally track information does not become available due to the nature of the programme on-air, for example an on-air auction or live requests show.
- The playlist information is served by an automatic feed from our playout system to our website. If at any point this feed encounters any interruptions or there is a fault with the feed the information will not show on the website. Unfortunately we can not restore information to the playlist that has been lost in this way.
Still having problems?
If you have not been able to resolve your music enquiry via the FAQs, you can contact us below. We are not always able to respond in person to all enquiries but your message will be forwarded to the most appropriate person.