Youth music groups
If you're already a member of a music group you could put on a concert in your community or learn a new style of singing for 123sing!
• Ask your group leader to help you plan a trip to your local hospital, care home or shopping centre so that you can sing to patients or members of the public
• Ask your music group leader to download and help you learn the 123sing! song so that you can sing along with lots of other people all around the country at the same time by listening to Classic FM at 1pm on 1, 2, and 3 October.
• Ask your group leader to help you plan a concert in your community and invite your family and friends to come and sing along to some popular songs
• Ask your group leader to help you do a sponsored singing event
• Ask your group leader to help your group write a new song about your local area and perform it to the rest of the community at a special 123sing! concert
• Ask your group leader if you can hold a sing-a-long with your favourite musical film (e.g. The Lion King, High School Musical, The Sound of Music, The Wizard of Oz, Oliver)
• (for over 16s only) Ask your group leader to help you get permission to go busking in your local community (e.g. railway station, shopping centre, local high street) accompanied by your group leader or parents
• Ask your music group leader to help you learn a new style of singing, e.g. gospel, barbershop, jazz, opera and perform the pieces you have learnt to your family and friends, or local community at a concert