On Air Now
Smooth Classics with Myleene Klass 10pm - 2am
If you're a secondary school student there are many fun activities you can organise with your school friends for 123sing!
• Ask your music teacher to help you write a new song, which you can then perform at a special lunchtime concert for your year or the whole school
• Ask your teacher to help you plan a short concert at your local hospital, care home or shopping centre
• Ask your teacher to help you put on a 123sing! concert at your school on 1, 2 or 3 October
• Ask your teacher to help you plan a ‘123sing!’ singing competition at lunchtime on Friday 1 October
• Ask your teacher if you can hold a sing-a-long with your favourite musical film (e.g. The Lion King, High School Musical, The Sound of Music, The Wizard of Oz, Oliver) at lunchtime on Friday 1 October
• Ask your teachers to do a special 123sing! assembly on Friday 1 October
• Get permission to set up some busking spots around your school so that you and your friends can sing for 5 minutes slots during break times
• Ask your music teacher to help you learn a new style of singing, e.g. gospel, barbershop, jazz, opera, and perform the pieces you have learnt to the rest of your year or school in assembly, at a lunchtime concert or an evening concert
• Ask your teacher to help you organise a sponsored singing day or lesson at your school
• Ask your music teacher to help you learn the 123sing! song so that you can sing along with lots of other people all around the country at the same time by listening to Classic FM at 1pm on 1 October.