On Air Now
Smooth Classics at Seven with John Brunning 7pm - 10pm
15 July 2019, 17:48
Classic FM’s Big Walk, September 2019
Prize draw rules:
1. The following rules (“Rules”) together with Global Charities ("Global Charities") general and competition terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) (which can be found at www.makesomenoise.com/terms-conditions/) apply to the ‘Global’s Make Some Noise Competition’ ("the Competition") as detailed in the Rules.
2. The "Radio Station" advertising the competition is Classic FM.
3. Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have read and accepted the Specific Rules and the Competition Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them.
Details of the Competition: To enter the Competition an Entrant must:
4. Go online to http://bigwalk.classicfm.com and sign up to be a part of Classic FM’s Big Walk (the “Event”) and have read and agreed to Terms & Conditions for taking part in Classic FM’s Big Walk below. The competition will open at 00:01 on 15th July 2019 (“Opening time”) and close at 23:59 on 31st October 2019 (“Closing time”).
5. Entrants must sign up to Classic FM’s Big Walk and take part in the Event in September 2019. By joining the event, they agree to raise money for Classic FM’s charity Global’s Make Some Noise. In addition, at the point of registration they must have opted in to be included in the free prize draw should they raise £100 or more.
6. Each Entrant will be provided with a fundraising page from Charity Checkout, Entrants that have paid in £100 or more to their fundraising page before the Closing time, and have opted in to be included in the free prize draw, will be automatically entered into the prize draw.
7. For the avoidance of doubt, no purchase is necessary to enter the free prize draw. An Entrant who has signed up to be part of the Event can enter for free by sending their name &contact details to Classic FM’s Big Walk, Global’s Make Some Noise, 30 Leicester Square, London, WC2H 7LA. Postal entries must arrive by the Closing time and clearly state that it is for consideration for the fundraising prize incentive.
8. A winner will be chosen at random from all valid entries. The winner will be contacted by a Global member of staff via the details provided at point of entry within 28 days of the competition close date to be told they have won. Unsuccessful Entrants will not be contacted.
9. If an Entrant sets up a single page on behalf of a group of people, then the person who has set up the page will be treated as the sole Entrant. If the winning page belongs to a group of people, only one prize will be awarded.
10. Entrants must be 18 or over to enter the competition.
11. Entry is restricted to one entry per person; duplicate entries will be excluded from the Competition.
12. Entrants must have opted in to be included in the prize draw at the time of registration.
13. The prize is Inntravel’s 7-night Hilltop Towns of Tuscany self-guided walking holiday in Italy for two people (sharing a room), including return flights from the UK.
14. No substitute prizes or cash alternatives are available.
15. The prize is non-transferable.
Specific prize terms:
· The prize is for the winning Entrant (plus a friend/partner) drawn at random from all valid entries
· The prize includes seven nights bed and breakfast accommodation in a double or twin room (to be specified at time of booking), two dinners, detailed route notes and maps, luggage transfers between hotels and itinerant transfers
· The prize also includes return flights from any UK airport flying to Pisa, Bologna or Florence (up to the value of £250 per person) plus transfers from the airport in Italy (excluding from Bologna airport to the city centre if flying to Bologna) as stated on the Hilltop Towns of Tuscany holiday page on Inntravel’s website
· Both passengers must travel on the same flight
· The prize winner and companion are responsible for all incidental expenses, additional excursions and activities, UK airport transfers, travel insurance and having a valid passport and any applicable visas
· Note that the prize includes optional self-guided walks of between 9km and 18.5km each day. Participants should be physically able and suitably equipped to fulfil the demands of the walks if they choose to undertake them
· Due to the nature of the holiday, wheelchair access is not available
· The prize must be taken between available season dates April-June and August-October 2020 (excluding travel over UK Bank Holidays) and is subject to availability and Inntravel’s normal Booking Conditions
· No other travel, accommodation or expenses are included
· The content of the prize may be subject to change and/or substituted with a prize of equal or greater value
· Global will require name, contact number, postal address & email to facilitate the prize. Failure by the winner to accept the prize in the manner specified within 14 days after contact is made will make any claim invalid and Global’s Make Some Noise will then select another entrant in the manor specified above
· Due to the nature of prize donations, please be aware that it can take several weeks to confirm and arrive
· Not for resale, not transferable, there is no cash alternative
Terms & Conditions for taking part in Classic FM’s Big Walk:
1. I would like to take part in Classic FM’s Big Walk challenge scheduled to take place from 1st September to 30th September 2019 (“the Event”) on behalf of Global Charities Limited under appeal name “Global’s’ Make Some Noise” (“GMSN”).
2. Any monies raised in connection with Classic FM’s Big Walk must be passed to Global’s Make Some Noise. I hereby accept full responsibility for ensuring that all sponsorship monies/donations received by me for the Event will be paid to Global’s Make Some Noise without delay.
3. I also pledge that any money raised in sponsorship (excluding Gift Aid) will be paid by 23:59 on 31st October 2019.
4. I warrant that I am at least 18 years of age upon registration, or I have the consent of a parent or guardian who is over the age of 18. I understand the risks in taking part in any fundraising activities of my choosing as part of the Event.
5. I know of no illness, injury or medical condition which I suffer from and which would prohibit or affect my participation in any fundraising activity for the Event and, in any case, confirm that I will seek medical advice before participating in any challenge to ensure that I am in fit physical state to participate.
6. I shall not hold Global’s Make Some Noise liable for death, personal injury/damage or illness that I may suffer while participating in the Event save for where death or personal injury is caused by the negligence of Global’s Make Some Noise.
7. I understand that I will receive a Classic FM pin badge after receiving my first donation, and that it will be sent to the address I supply at registration. I understand that each individual is entitled to a maximum of 1 pin badge each, and that donations on multiple pages belonging to the same person will not be counted.
8. I am happy to allow Global’s Make Some Noise and Global to use my name and any footage, audio or photograph(s) which I publish during Classic FM’s Big Walk without further notification as part of its publications, promotion and advertising activities.