John Suchet made it to Machu Picchu for Global's Make Some Noise
Our very own John Suchet trekked to an ancient world - the lost city of Machu Picchu - for Global's Make Some Noise.
And he wasn't alone, either. John was joined by the esteemed ranks of 'Team Suchet': John's wife Nula, David Suchet, Sheila Suchet, Peter Suchet, Jo Clinton Davis, Philip & Phyl Cook and Jonnie & Annie Haigh.
We made it to Machu Picchu! Along the way we raised more than £125k for @makenoise. Bravo Team Suchet & intrepid Global trekkers. Listen in @ClassicFM from 9am tomorrow to hear highlights pic.twitter.com/SUEzHjr8YM— John Suchet (@johnsuchet1) April 15, 2018
Now that John and the rest of Team Suchet have officially conquered this incredible challenge for Global's Make Some Noise, we're still looking for your support!
Can’t believe we made it - what an experience - loved every moment . pic.twitter.com/AWhG3PmpPw— Nula Suchet (@nulasuchet) April 16, 2018
And next year, you can trek to the Great Wall of China!
From 30 March – 7 April 2019, you can join us on a once-in-a-lifetime trek along the Great Wall and help change the lives of disadvantaged youngsters across the UK by raising money for Classic FM’s very own charity, Global’s Make Some Noise.
Experience this ancient landmark, beyond the realms usually visited by tourists. This unique Great Wall adventure will take you across the woodland and terraced farmland of China’s stunning landscape, following the contours of the mountains in the remote areas north of Beijing. This hugely rewarding, guided trek has been specially planned to suit the ability of most confident walkers.
Want to know more? You can read a detailed day-by-day itinerary for the trip here.
We ask participants to pay a non-refundable registration fee of £395 and commit to raising a minimum of £3,195 for Classic FM’s charity, Global’s Make Some Noise, which supports brilliant small projects in the UK, helping youngsters and their families living with illness, disability or lack of opportunity.
In return, you’ll receive:
- International flights to and from the UK, meals and accommodation during the challenge.
- First-class support from the Make Some Noise team to help you reach your fundraising target. You’ll be put in contact with a dedicated member of staff, who’ll be on hand to advise you every step of the way.
- Fundraising materials including t-shirts, collection buckets and tins as requested.
- The opportunity to come and have an exclusive tour of the Classic FM studios to meet other participants ahead of your trek.
- A dedicated Facebook group, where you can get to know the other trekkers taking on this bucket-list challenge.
- Regular email updates packed with fundraising tips and tricks - and maybe even an appearance or two from some of your favourite Classic FM presenters!
- A Global’s Make Some Noise t-shirt to wear with pride during your trek.
- A guarantee that the money you raise really will make a difference.
The experience is run by our trekking partner, Charity Challenge, who have over 16 years experience in delivering stunning treks to thousands of fundraisers - including Classic FM listeners! You’ll be travelling with like-minded people, all raising money for the same great cause. So go on, do something extraordinary and sign up now.
Click here to sign up >
Do you have a question? No problem. Just get in touch with us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call the team on 0345 606 0990.
Alternatively, leave your details below, and we’ll be in touch to answer any queries you have.
A minimum of 51% of your fundraising will be donated to Global’s Make Some Noise.