On Air Now
Classic FM Drive with John Brunning 4pm - 7pm
4 February 2015, 11:50 | Updated: 26 November 2018, 11:31
10 great ways to spend Valentine's Day 2015 in London.
1. Love Classics Concert, Barbican, Feb 14
Treat yourself to a night of love-themed classical music at Barbican Hall with this romantic concert, featuring favourites by Tchaikovsky and Rachmaninov.
2. Bateaux London River Thames Dining Cruise, Feb 14
Have a night to remember on board a romantic cruise featuring wonderful views of London sights, a four-course dinner and great live entertainment.
3. Drawn by Light: Royal Photographic Society Collection at Science Museum, until Mar 1
This is a fantastic chance to view a wonderful, vast collection of images from the Royal Photographic society, the world’s oldest, this Valentine’s Day.
4. Butterflies in the Glasshouse Exhibition at RHS Garden, Wisley, until Mar 8
This nature-filled exhibition can be your romantic setting, with the Royal Horticultural Society putting some of the world’s most exotic butterflies on show.
5. Alluring Orchids Festival at Kew Gardens, Feb 7–Mar 8
Don’t miss this festival showcasing a spectacular array of tropical orchids, full of vibrant colour and extraordinary beauty.
6. Sherlock Holmes Exhibition, Museum of London, until Apr 12
Have a culture-infused Valentine’s Day by immersing yourself in a fascinating exhibition of film, artefacts and artwork on the world’s most-loved detective.
7. MET Opera Live: Iolanta & Duke Bluebeard’s Castle, showing at Everyman Cinema, Hampstead, Feb 14
Enjoy this special showing of these wonderful operas by Tchaikovsky and Bartok at the unique Everyman Cinema, starring Anna Netrebko.
8. Shakespeare in Love, Noel Coward Theatre, until June
Spend this Valentine’s play seeing the highly acclaimed 'Shakespeare in Love', a fantastic romantic comedy, based on the famous 1998 film.
9. London Eye Valentine’s Champagne Experience, London Eye, Feb 13-15
Have a stunning day out with your loved one, taking in breathtaking views of London from the London Eye, visiting the London Eye 4D experience and tasting some gorgeous champagne.
10. Romantic Reels at Hyde Park, Feb 13-14
Treat yourself to an intimate setting amongst the trees in Hyde Park, gaining access to a romantic cinema with LookOut, topping it all off with a special Valentine’s meal and wine.
Sign up to Classic FM Romance today and find someone on your wavelength.