You voted in your thousands. Now the chart has been revealed. What is the UK's favourite film score?
Craig Armstrong (1959-present) is a Scottish composer and his music has found a way into all of our homes, be it through film, radio or CD, in the works of Baz Luhrman, Madonna or himself.
Life and Music
- Craig was thrust into the spotlight as a composer when, after a BBC commission for TV, he was picked up by Hollywood and rightfully received BAFTA and Ivor Novello awards for his score for Baz Luhrman’s 'Romeo and Juliet'.
- Following on from this first worldwide success story, Craig wrote more film themes including James Bond, Batman and Mission Impossible.
- To complete his reputation as a household name Craig has become one of the world’s most sought after composers and arrangers, having worked with the likes of Massive Attack on their ‘Protection’ album (which earned him his own solo record contract), Madonna and U2.
Did you know?
Armstrong was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in the 2010 New Year Honours.
Several classical music figures have received Honours, including composer Craig Armstrong and opera singer Sarah Connolly.
Classic FM Drive Featured Album, 27 April 2015, after 6pm
Craig Armstrong's collaboration with A.R. Rahman proved fruitful for the soundtrack of this historical epic.
Top Armstrong Pieces
Balcony Scene (Romeo and Juliet)
Craig Armstrong (b. 1959 : Scotland)
- Conductor: Paul Bateman
- Ensemble: Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
- Soloists: Paul Bateman (piano)
- Record Label: Classic FM
- Catalog: CFMD1 10
Elizabeth the Golden Age - Love Theme
- Ensemble: Studio Musicians
- Record Label: UCJ
- Catalog: 174 5187
Glasgow Love Theme (from Love Actually)
Powered by Facebook