From Bach to Stravinsky, electronic music, and folk tunes, Einaudi reveals the inspiration behind his latest compositions
Ludovico Einaudi (1955- present) is an Italian contemporary music composer and pianist.
Life and Music
- Born in Turin, Italy, the well-connected young Ludovico's grandfather was President of Italy and his father ran his own publishing company. His mother, who taught him the piano as a child, was perhaps one of the earliest musical influences in his life.
- As an adult, Einaudi decided to take up music as his career, studying first at Milan’s prestigious Conservatorio Verdi and then with the renowned Italian composer, Luciano Berio.
- Einaudi’s musical influences are wide-ranging, from J.S Bach through Mozart and Chopin to Manuel de Falla in the classical sphere and from The Beatles through Bob Dylan to U2 and Radiohead in the world of pop and rock.
- He has composed for cinema, theatre and dance, with his work being performed around the world at major venues including Teatro alla Scala, The Maggio Musicale Fiorentino, The Tanglewood Festival and the Queen Elizabeth Hall in London.
- Although he is well-known across Europe, his music has achieved especially strong popularity in the UK where he is now among the most requested composers on Classic FM.
- Einaudi has spent recent years performing his last album 'Divenire' in Europe, US and Japan.
- His new album 'Nightbook' was released on Decca Records on 5 October 2009.
Divenire - Live at the Royal Albert Hall
Sharing his thoughts on classical music in a digital age, music on vinyl, and on composers imitating his trademark style, Einaudi celebrated his chart success this week by chatting with John Brunning.
Find out more about Einaudi's Le Onde. Watch and listen to different recordings and download your favourite.
Find out more about Einaudi's I Giorni. Watch and listen to different recordings and download your favourite.
Classical music in a nightclub? Italian composer and pianist brought his unique music to an unlikely venue at London's Yellow Lounge
Top Einaudi Pieces
- Soloists: Ludovico Einaudi; Marco Decimo
- Record Label: BMG
- Catalog: 82876 616082
La Nascita Della Cose Segrete
- Ensemble: Antonio Leofreddi (viola); Marco Decimo (cello)
- Soloists: Ludovico Einaudi; Federico Mecozzi (violin); Mauro Durante (second violin)
- Record Label: Penderosa
- Catalog: CD 079
- Soloists: Ludovico Einaudi
- Record Label: Decca
- Catalog: 476 4490
Powered by Facebook