Adele angst + 007 + epic Rachmaninov.
Ji Liu Biography
Ji Liu was born in Shanghai, started playing the piano at the age of 3, studied in some of the world's most distinguished music conservatoires and has earned an enviable reputation as one of the most promising pianists of his generation.
Buy his new album, Pure Chopin, from Amazon now
- In 2014 Ji’s debut CD Piano Reflections was released by Classic FM and went on to reach No.1 in the classical charts. It was nominated as the Classical Album of the Year in the 2015 Chinese Music Awards. In the same year Classic FM released his second CD and on 29 January 2016 a third CD of music by Chopin.
- Born in 1990, Ji Liu studied at the Shanghai Conservatory of Music, with Dmitri Bashkirov at the Escuela Música Reina Sofía and with Christopher Elton at the Royal Academy of Music.
- Over the last year Ji has appeared as soloist with the Philharmonia Orchestra at the Royal Festival Hall and Henley Festival, and with the RLPO conducted by Vasily Petrenko at the Royal Albert Hall, and in China. He gave a series of performances of Bach’s Goldberg Variations at Wigmore Hall and the Bristol Proms, and took part in the Nottingham International Piano Series and Bath Festival.
- Engagements this season include appearances as soloist with the RLPO at the Royal Albert Hall and Philharmonic Hall Liverpool, a Mozart Concerto with Sinfonia ViVA at the Royal Concert Hall Nottingham, and the premiere of a new concerto by Einaudi. He makes his debut at the Kuhmo Foundation in Seoul, and gives recitals at Wigmore Hall, the Théȃtres des Variétés Monaco and Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama.
- Ji has appeared as soloist at major venues and festivals internationally including the Concertgebouw and Auditorium du Louvre. He has performed the complete piano music of Isang Yung at the Tongyeong Music Festival in South Korea and in 2005/2006 took part in the Verbier Festival & Academy where he received the Tabor Piano Award and CUBS Prize.
Ji Liu – backstage
Ji Liu - Behind the scenes
Classic FM goes behind the scene at the photoshoot for Ji Liu's new album, Pure Chopin
Ji Liu - Getting to know Ji
Classic FM’s Orchestra in the North West unveils its plans