The ’I Believe In Father Christmas’ composer has passed away.
Mouldy recorders, un-useable music stands, overhead projectors... wasn't learning music fun?!
1. The demo button on the classroom keyboard
“I swear I didn’t press the button, it just came on by itself!”
2. The descant to ‘O Come All Ye Faithful’
“Chri-IIIIIIIST, the LOOOOOOOOOORD!”
3. Being picked for a solo in the school concert
The honour is real. Unless someone else was picked, in which case, nbd.
4. Abracadabra violin
The exercises contained in this book will haunt many children long into adulthood.
5. The earliest, slowest version of Sibelius
“OK, just going to put a crotchet…” *waits for 17 minutes* “…there.”
6. Sticking your violin bow through the hole in one of these chairs to poke someone
“Who, me? Nope.”
7. That weird pipe-cleaner thing you used to clean a recorder
Simultaneously the most absorbent and smelliest material known to man.
8. The smell of rosin, smashed all over the inside of your violin case
*gags* “Oh no… it’s EVERYWHERE.”
9. Impossible music stands
No matter how you arrange them, they will never resemble the picture on the box. This picture is presumably Photoshopped because no-one could possibly assemble one this perfectly:
10. Hymn lyrics on the wall via OHP
When was the last time you used an overhead projector for anything? Does this still happen in schools?!