The YouTube-conquering violinist will join the tenor throughout the UK & Ireland in November
Lindsey Stirling Biography
After getting her big break on America's Got Talent as the self-styled 'Hip-Hop Violinist', Lindsey Stirling has blazed a trail through the internet with her innovative violin arrangements of pieces as diverse as Phantom Of The Opera and video game music from Zelda and Assassin's Creed.
- Born on September 21st 1986, Lindsey Stirling began to learn the violin when she was just five years old after hearing classical music recordings at home.
- After taking lessons for 12 years, Stirling joined a rock band made up of school friends called Stomp On Melvin. She also began to win local talent competitions.
- Stirling's big break came in 2010 when, at the age of 23, she competed in America's Got Talent. She made it to the quarter-finals before being voted off the competition.
- Since appearing on the competition, Stirling has recorded numerous YouTube videos for her own channel, with massive viral success.
- Her YouTube videos have seen her take on music from Andrew Lloyd Webber's Phantom Of The Opera, themes from The Legend Of Zelda and has appeared on pop records by LMFAO and indie rockers The Decemberists.
- Often high-concept and involving singing, dancing, action scenes and incredible locations, Stirling's videos have become a viral sensation, regularly pulling in millions of views.
- Stirling is also committed to very busy touring schedule, regularly travelling around the USA to play to her growing legion of fans.
Did you know?
Lindsey toured around Italy in 2012 with the Italian rock band The Sidh.
American violinist triumphs at the awards ceremony on Sunday night, which was streamed live across the internet
Radioactive and Titanium/Pavane are up for Response of the Year in the first ever YouTube music awards
Stirling collaborates with a capella vocal specialist Peter Hollens for epic Star Wars video