Opera's tenor-hunk can be seen at your local cinema with 'Jonas Kaufmann: An Evening with Puccini'. And you can watch the trailer here.
Jonas Kaufmann is one of the most highly acclaimed tenors of our generation.
Life and Music
- Born in Munich, Jonas studied there and began his professional career at Staatstheater Saarbrücken in 1994. He was soon invited to make debuts at other important German venues, and at the Chicago Lyric Opera, Paris Opera and La Scala.
- He has appeared at the world’s most important opera houses, including the Metropolitan Opera, Vienna State Opera and Covent Garden, with such distinguished artists as Angela Gheorghiu, Anna Netrebko and Antonio Pappano.
- Since 2001, Kaufmann has been closely with Zurich Opera, appearing there in several new productions including the title roles in Idomeneo, La Clemenza di Tito and Schubert’s Fierrabras as well as Nerone in L’Incoranzione di Poppea.
- In 2006 Kaufmann sang his first performances of the title role in Wagner’s Parsifal in Zurich and that season he also sang his first Walter von Stolzing in a concert performance of Die Meistersinger at the Edinburgh Festival. In 2009, he made his debut as Lohengrin in Wagner’s masterpiece, at the Bavarian State Opera.
- Equally acclaimed on the concert platform, Kaufmann has appeared with some of the world’s leading conductors and orchestras, including the Berlin Philharmonic and Sir Simon Rattle and Nikolaus Harnoncourt, the Cleveland Symphony Orchestra and the Vienna Philharmonic.
Did you know?
Although a keen vocalist from a young age, Jonas also began studying the piano when he was eight.
Jonas Kaufmann sings 'Donna non vidi mai' from Manon Lescaut
Jonas Kaufmann performs 'Donna Non Vidi Mai' from Puccini's 'M...
So much lovely Jonas Kaufmann… And you can see lots more of him in cinemas on 11th February – book your tickets for ‘Jonas Kaufmann: an Evening with Puccini’ here: http://jonaskaufmannpuccinifilm.com/Posted by Classic FM on Wednesday, 27 January 2016
And you can see lots more of him in cinemas on 11th February - book your tickets for Jonas Kaufmann: an Evening with Puccini here.
La Donna e Mobile
Find out all the winners at this year's Opera Awards
Leather jacket, black tie, opera costume - doesn't matter. Jonas is one of classical music's hotties.
Find out more about Puccini's Madama Butterfly. Watch and listen to different recordings and download your favourite.
One of the world’s leading tenors presents his personal bi-centenary tribute to Giuseppe Verdi.
Jonas Kaufmann brings his star quality to a collection of 19th-century Italian opera
Top Jonas Kaufmann Pieces
Powered by Facebook