About Nick Ferrari
About Nick Ferrari
A big presence in the world of news and current affairs, Nick has presented a number of series, special programmes and features on Classic FM.
- Nick's impressive career in the media spans radio, television and newspapers, both in the UK and internationally.
- He hosts the weekday breakfast show from 7-10am on Classic FM's sister station LBC.
- He cut his teeth in journalism as a boy answering the telephone at his father’s news agency in Kent.
- He went on to become a news reporter on the Sunday Mirror in 1981 and subsequently a show business reporter at The Sun and editor of the paper's Bizarre page.
- Subsequently he became features editor at the News of the World's Sunday magazine and assistant editor of the Daily Mirror.
- In 1989, Nick was instrumental in setting up the Sky News channel, as the second person to be hired by Rupert Murdoch. Initially he was editor and then he was promoted to Vice President of News and Programming, of Fox TV in New York.
- Aside from radio, Nick regularly appears as a commentator on The Alan Titchmarsh Show on ITV and previously Channel 4's Richard & Judy and guested on breakfast television magazine GMTV.
- In 2006, Nick made an appearance in the BBC comedy show Extras. He played the part of himself as a phone-in radio presenter set in LBC's studios.
- Nick has won a mantelpiece full of prestigious awards, including two Radio Academy Gold Awards and three Arqiva Commercial Radio Awards.
- Nick presented three series of the Classic FM Interview, an hour-long programme that allowed him to uncover the lives and musical loves of major names from the worlds of the arts, entertainment, sport and politics.
Did you know?
Nick once interviewed Roger Moore on the set of the James Bond film Octopussy for The Sun and ended up appearing as an extra in the movie.
Contact Nick Ferrari
Classic FM's Shows A-Z
- Alan Titchmarsh
- Aled Jones
- Alex James's Date Night
- Alexander Armstrong
- Anne-Marie Minhall
- Bill Turnbull
- Charlotte Green
- The Classic FM Chart
- Classic FM Drive
- The Classic FM Hall of Fame Hour
- David Mellor
- Emma Nelson
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about Classical Music
- The Full Works Concert with Jane Jones and Catherine Bott
- Jane Jones
- John Suchet
- Katie Breathwick
- More Music Breakfast
- Mozart - The Man Revealed
- Nicholas Owen
- Sam Pittis
- Saturday Night at the Movies
- Smooth Classics at Seven
- Smooth Classics