Log-in & Registration FAQs
Got a question about signing up or logging in? Get the answers here.
- Why sign up with Classic FM?
- How do I sign up with Classic FM?
- Why am I asked for information such as postcode, gender and date of birth when signing up or filling in forms on the website?
- Will my personal details be safe?
- Why am I unable to sign up with my email address?
- How do I unsubscribe from Classic FM emails?
- How do I change the postcode on my account?
- How do I change my personal details or password?
- Why do I need a password for the website?
- I keep getting the message "Oops. Some of your details do not match our records. Please try again." when I try to login.
- I have tried re-registering but the system keeps telling me someone is already registered under my details?
- I cannot retrieve my password and keep getting an error message when I enter my email address and date of birth?
Signing up gives you full access to the world of Classic FM. Members get access to exclusive features on the website, from competitions and offers to new online products in developments. Every month you’ll be kept up to date with the latest features via our email newsletter plus, when you log in, the website will recognise you, so you won't have to fill in a form each time you want to enter a competition or get in touch.
Simply go to the sign up page , fill in your details and click to submit the form. You’ll then be signed up and logged in.
We ask for certain information, such as date of birth, for security purposes so that if you need us to remind you of your password, we can verify who you are. Asking for basic personal details at registration also allows us to provide a pre-filled form function for members when they are logged in. This means that you never have to enter these details again when you enter a competition or contact the station, but we have all the details we need to contact you to respond to your enquiry or let you know if you've won.
Finally, asking for the information in the format that we do also enables us to carry out more accurate and relevant profiling of our listeners, in order to better provide relevant services. For example, age bands are only of limited use as certain offers may be age specific in appeal and we cannot tell where people are within an age band without a date of birth.
We will ensure that all personal information you supply is held securely in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and its relevant subordinate legislation. We will never pass your information onto anyone else without your express permission and we use up to date industry procedures to keep personal data as safe and secure as possible and to protect against loss, unauthorised disclosure or access. We do, however, ask that you do not give anyone else your password as we cannot be responsible for anyone else using your user name and password.
If you encounter an error message when trying to sign up with your email address there are two possible causes:
1. We may already hold a registration for this email address with identical details. If this is the case you can ask for a reminder of your password to be emailed to you.
2. The email address you have entered may already be registered, either on Classic FM or one of our sister stations within the Global Radio network, and if the date of birth you have entered does not match the date of birth we already hold, your sign up cannot proceed. This is a security procedure to ensure that somebody else cannot sign up with your email address by mistake. If you think you are affected by this problem then please contact us for help.
In order to change your postcode, you will need follow these steps:
1. Log into your account by clicking on the Sign In link at the top of this page.
2. Click here to access your personal details.
3. Edit your postcode and then click on Save Changes
As part of your membership we will send you a monthly e-newsletter to keep you up to date with all the latest features, plus other emails from time to time when we have special news, competitions or offers. Every communication we send will have an unsubscribe link at the bottom. If at any time you wish to stop receiving these communications then click this link to unsubscribe and you will be immediately removed from the mailing list.
When you are logged in you can click on 'edit details' in the log-in panel on the top right of every page. Here you can change any of your registered details, including your password.
Please enter your registered email address and password in the log in box and click 'submit'. If successfully logged in the log-in panel will now have changed to say 'Hello' and your first name. Within this panel is a link to 'edit details'.
You can continue to use the website without logging on, however you will need to log in with your email address and password if you wish to enter any competitions which are exclusively for registered users. Being logged in also enables us to provide pre-filled forms, which means you never have to fill in all your details again when you want to enter a competition or contact us.
This means that some of your details do not match our records. Please check the email address and date of birth given are the same as those you registered with and try again, ensuring that the problem isn't being caused by case sensitivity or a typing error. The password field is case sensitive for security purposes. If you are still unable to login, you can request a forgotten password email reminder.
It is possible that you are already registered under different details or that we have more than one account for you. If this is an error, and you would only like one registration then simply decide which registration you would like to keep, then, log into the other account, with the email address you DON'T want to keep. Once logged in, you'll see that in the log in box there is a link to 'edit details'. Click on this and you'll be taken to the Membership Details page. At the bottom of this page is the option to cancel your membership. Click to cancel and confirm you do indeed want to cancel and this will then cancel the registration for this email address, leaving you with just the correct one.
The most likely cause of the error you're experiencing is if the date of birth or email address you have entered does not match the one we currently hold on record for you. We ask for date of birth as a security check but, if at some time in the past it has been entered incorrectly by mistake or not entered at all, this will cause a mismatch in the information. Please try again checking the spelling of your email address or simply check that you haven't switched date and month in your DOB.
Still having problems?
If you have not been able to resolve your log in or registration issue via the FAQs, you can contact us below. We are not always able to respond in person to all enquiries but your message will be forwarded to the most appropriate person. Selecting the correct enquiry type from the drop down will help us respond to your enquiry most efficiently.