Life and music
- Bavouzet was born in Lannion, France, on 17 October 1962.
- His recording career dates back to the early 1990s, when he released key works including Haydn's sonatas and several collections of Chopin pieces.
- After studying at the Paris Conservatoire under Pierre Sancan, Bavouzet made his debut with the Orchestre de Paris when conductor Sir George Solti invited him in 1995.
- Since 2007 he has recorded exclusively for the Chandos label, taking on the complete works of Debussy, as well as other French masters like Ravel and Massenet.
- Bavouzet made his debut with the New York Philharmonic and toured the US in 2010/2011.
- Jean-Efflam was named ICMA Artist of the Year in 2012.
- He is also the artistic director of the Lofoten Piano Festival in Norway.