Discover the soundtrack to the Final Fantasy film
Elliot Goldenthal's biography
Elliot Goldenthal (1954-) is an American composer best known for his film music, which includes Batman Forever and A Midsummer Night's Dream
- He studied at the Manhattan School of Music
- Goldenthal was a student of the composers Aaron Copland and John Corigliano
- His music for film includes scores for Alien 3, Frida – for which he won an Oscar – and The Tempest.
- He is married to director Julie Taymor and he has scored music for a number of her films including A Midsummer Night's Dream and Titus
- His opera Grendel was nominated for a Pulitzer Prize