Classic FM's Composer in Residence has been commissioned to compose the orchestral Overture and Finale music for the celebration in May.
Debbie Wiseman MBE
Debbie Wiseman is Classic FM's Composer in Residence. Over the past 25 years, there are probably few people in the UK who have not heard a theme from one of her films or TV shows. Her more than 200 credits include Flood, Warriors, Wilde, Land Girls, Joanna Lumley’s Nile, Tom & Viv, Arsene Lupin, Wolf Hall and A Poet in New York.
Life and Music
- Debbie Wiseman started composing music at the age of 8. She is one of the UK’s most successful female music ambassadors.
- Debbie has been nominated for two Ivor Novello Awards for Wilde and Death Of Yugoslavia, and has won a TRIC Award for The Good Guys and an RTS Award for Warriors. In 2007 she was awarded the Gold Badge of Merit by the British Academy of Composers and Songwriters.
- Her album of music to accompany the fairy stories of Oscar Wilde, on the Warner Classics and Jazz label, was nominated for a Grammy Award and was then made into a trilogy of animated films – Wilde Stories - for Channel 4.
- Debbie’s score for Wilde has frequently appeared in the Classic FM Hall of Fame.
- In 2004, Debbie was honoured in the Queen's New Year's Honours list with an MBE for services to the music and film industry.
- She has been awarded Honorary Fellowships at both colleges where she studied, Trinity College of Music and the Guildhall School of Music and Drama.
- She was named Classic FM's Composer in Residence in July 2015. Her role will include composing a major new work - a 12-movement Musical Zodiac.
Did you know?
Debbie Wiseman was one of nine composers to have been selected to write a new Water Music for the Queen’s Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant on 3 June 2012.
Britain's top female composer for film and TV will write 12-movement Musical Zodiac for Classic FM.
Every week Classic FM brings you the best new albums, including world exclusives.
Find out more about Wiseman's Wilde. Watch and listen to different recordings and download your favourite.
Classic FM’s composer-in-residence reveals the short stories she used to inspire the 12 pieces that make up her new work, The Musical Zodiac.
Classic FM's composer in residence shares some advice for anyone trying to make it as a composer
Judge John Deed
The Quiet Room
Debbie Wiseman (b.1963 : England)
- Soloists: Debbie Wiseman
- Record Label: Warner Classics
- Catalog: 2564 671888
Writing to Peter
Powered by Facebook