Steven Osborne biography
Steven Osborne (born in 1971) is one of Britain's greatest living pianists. After stellar tuition from an early age and huge competition success, he's become an award-winning international staple.
- Born in 1971, Steven Osborne's early piano studies were with Richard Beauchamp at St Mary's Music School in Edinburgh.
- He attended the Royal Northern College of Music, where he studied piano under Renna Kellaway.
- Since completing his studies, his performing career has taken him all over the world, performing alongside conductors like Vladimir Ashkenazy, Alan Gilbert, Andrew Litton and Sir Charles Mackerras.
- His recorded output has chiefly been for the Hyperion record label, leading to a slew of awards nominations and victories.
- Osborne is a double Gramophone Award winner, taking home gongs both in 2009 (for a disc of Britten works) and again in 2013.