The Classic FM Podcast features the week’s top classical music stories and highlights of our interviews with classical stars. This week Anne-Marie hears from the biggest classical music stars in the world including Dario Marianelli.
Jack Liebeck has established himself as one of the most compelling young violinists on the concert platform.
Life and Music
- Jack gave his first public performance at the age of ten, on television, playing the role of young Mozart. He studied at the Purcell School of Music and then the Royal Academy of Music, from where he graduated in 2003.
- Jack has performed with many of the world’s greatest orchestras, including the Phiharmonia, Moscow State Symphony, Royal Liverpool Philharmonic, London Philharmonic, English Chamber, Bournemouth Symphony, Lausanne Chamber, Oslo Philharmonic, Royal Philharmonic, Royal Scottish National and the Royal Stockholm Philharmonic and Hallé Orchestras.
- Jack Liebeck is a committed chamber musician and has performed with artists including Renaud and Gautier Capuçon, Itamar Golan, Lynn Harrell, Angela Hewitt, Piers Lane, Charles Owen, Martin Roscoe, Jean-Yves Thibaudet and Ashley Wass.
- Liebeck released his debut disc in 2004, on the label Quartz with pianist Katya Apekisheva. In 2009 he signed an exclusive contract with Sony Classical. His debut album with Sony, of music by Dvořák, has earned him a Classical BRIT Award nomination, for Young British Classical Performer or Group.
- Liebeck also appears on CD with Stephen Fry and Vanessa Redgrave: they narrate Oscar Wilde’s Fairy tales, to a soundtrack by Liebeck with the Academy of St. Martin-in-the-Fields.
Did you know?
Jack Liebeck plays the ‘Ex-Wilhelmj’ Guadagnini violin, made in 1785. Guadagnini was one of the most famous luthiers (string-instrument craftsmen) and belonged to the great Italian violin-making tradition.
Performing Violin Sonata No.3 in D Minor
Jack Liebeck speaks about collaborating with legendary film composer Dario Marianelli on the wonderful new Jane Eyre film.
Powered by Facebook