Greilsammer is set to bring a 'Bach celebration' to the capital.
David Greilsammer is an acclaimed pianist and conductor, associated with the Geneva Chamber Orchestra and Geneva Camerata.
- David Greilsammer was born on August 8, 1977 in Jerusalem and started his music studies at the age of six at the Rubin Academy in Jerusalem.
- Following his military service in Israel, Greilsammer studied at New York's Julliard School with classical pianist Yoheved Kaplinsky. He also studied conducting while at the prestigious music college.
- He made his concert debut in 2004 at New York’s Lincoln Center and went on to become ‘Young Musician of the Year’ at the French Music Awards in 2008.
- In 2009, David Greilsammer became Music Director of the Geneva Chamber Orchestra.
- David has released four albums on prestigious French record label Naïve: Fantasie Fantasme (2007), Mozart: Early Piano Concertos (2008), Mozart: Concertos for piano No. 22 & 24 (2009) and Tansman, Boulanger, Gershwin (2010).
- In 2011, David Greilsammer signed to Sony Classical. His first album on the record label was Baroque Conversations in 2012