Get to know the man who brought records by Damon Albarn, These New Puritans and Efterklang to life
André De Ridder
André De Ridder biography
Working with the likes of Damon Albarn, These New Puritans, Nico Muhly, Efterklang and Richard Reed Parry has put conductor and arranger André De Ridder at the forefront of a genre-smashing revolution.
- As a conductor, German-born conductor and arranger André De Ridder has performed and worked with a huge variety of artists and orchestras.
- He studied under Leopold Hager and the legendary Sir Colin Davies during his education.
- He has conducted the Philharmonia, the Britten Sinfonia, the Hallé Orchestra and many more.
- In 2013 he conducted the English National Opera's production of The Sunken Garden.
- Perhaps most famously, De Ridder conducted and orchestrated Damon Albarn's operas Monkey: Journey to the West and Dr Dee.
- He has also worked with indie bands like These New Puritans and Efterklang, and collaborated with composers Nico Muhly and Richard Reed Parry.