On Air Now
Smooth Classics with Margherita Taylor 10pm - 1am
4 October 2019, 18:08 | Updated: 4 October 2019, 18:22
On-air auction terms and conditions
Definitions and Introduction
1.1 In these terms and conditions the following words and phrases shall have the following meanings (and, where applicable in these terms and conditions, the singular shall include the plural):
The auction running on the Participating Radio Station(s) during the Term
The number (0345 949 5000) that Participants must call during the Bid Period to place a bid.
“Auction Terms and Conditions”
These terms and conditions relating to the Auction
The period, as announced on-air and/or online, during which a Participant may bid for a particular item in an Auction through the Auction Line.
“Competition Terms and Conditions”
Global Charities competition terms and conditions which can be found at www.makesomenoise.com/terms-conditions/
The Auction Terms and Conditions together with the Competition Terms and Conditions
Global Charities of 30 Leicester Square, London, WC2H 7LA (registered charity 1091657 (England & Wales) and SC041475 (Scotland)
Something broadcast on the Participating Radio Station(s)
“Participant” or “you”
A person who participates in the Auction
“Participating Radio Station(s)”
The dates and times set out in Clause 2.2 of these Conditions
www.makesomenoise.com or the website of any of the radio stations owned by Global Radio, Communicorpuk or Adventure Radio
1.2 These Auction Terms and Conditions together with the Competition Terms and Conditions shall apply to the Auction. Participation in any Auction shall be deemed an unconditional acceptance by you of these Conditions.
1.3 In the event that these Auction Terms and Conditions conflict with the Competition Terms and Conditions, the provisions of these Auction Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
1.4 References to “we”, “us” and “our” shall be to Global Charities and/or the Participating Radio Station(s).
2.1 During the Term, details relating to the Auction will be broadcast on the Participating Radio Station(s).
2.2 The auction will take place between 10:30 and 11:30 on Wednesday 09/10/2019 (“the Term”).
2.3 The Bid Period for each item will be clearly specified online and may be referred to on-air by a presenter.
2.4 Silent pre-bids may be taken on the Website in advance of the Bid Period. Should this happen the highest pre-bid received will be used as the opening bid for the Bid Period.
2.5 During the Bid Period each Participant must call the Auction Line only when directed to do so and only during the specified periods. Calls to this number are charged at local rates from a BT landline, other networks and mobile costs may be higher.
2.6 The highest Bid received during the Bid Period will be announced on air to the extent permissible until such time that the Bid has been beaten (if applicable). The highest genuine Bid received from any Participant at the end of the Bid Period will secure the item. Where a Bid is successful, the Participant will be contacted by the Participating Radio Station.
2.7 If at the end of the Bid Period there are two or more active bidders, a final silent bid will be taken from each active bidder, and the highest silent bid will secure the item.
2.8 Full details of all Auctions will be available on the Website including any specific terms & conditions for each lot.
2.9 The offer of an Auction item on-air shall constitute an offer which will be deemed to be accepted by the highest bidder during the Bid Period. 2.10 Participants must be 18 years of age or over. We reserve the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
3. Payment and delivery
3.1 Payment for an item must be by debit or credit card. The amount to be paid, having been deducted from or charged to the Participant’s debit or credit card, shall constitute consideration. All Participants must ensure that, prior to placing a bid, they are able to pay for any item which they wish to bid for.
3.2 Title in the items successfully bid for or purchased shall not pass on to the Participant until such time as payment for the item has been received by the Participating Radio Station and delivery has taken place.
3.3 Delivery of a prize or voucher with the prize details will be made within 28 (twenty eight) days to the address specified by the Participant provided that such address must be within England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. When an item is delivered, risk of damage to, or loss of, the item passes shall pass to the relevant Participant. We reserve the right to require photo ID from the successful Participant upon delivery.
3.4 Liability All items offered for Auction shall be subject to availability and we shall not be liable for any claims, expenses, costs and/or any losses (including, but not limited to, loss of profits, indirect, pure economic and consequential losses or otherwise) or any damage (save for death or personal injury arising from negligence) suffered by any Participant.
3.5 All matters relating to the Auction shall be at our sole discretion.
3.6 Notwithstanding that a successful bid has been received, in the event that we discover that (i) the Participant was or should have been ineligible to make a bid for an item, or (ii) that the Participant should have been declared invalid for any other reason whatever (at our absolute discretion), we reserve the right to reject the bid. In such circumstances, we reserve the right to offer the prize to the second highest bidder.
Specific prize terms:
- This prize is for 2 tickets, including meet and greet, to see Einaudi on the 14th December. You will stay at the 5* Hotel Viu Milan for 2 nights including daily breakfast.
- Ticket and CD Box to be collected the night of the show.
- 2 tickets to Ludovico Einaudi concert, 14th December 2019 plus meet and greet.
- Concert will be at Teatro Dal Verme, Via San Giovanni sul Muro Milano.
- Tickets are in the first 10 rows.
- Meet and Greet will be after the show.
- It is not a private meet and greet, there may be other fans in attendance.
- 1 signed Seven Days Walking box set. Box will contain all 7 cd’s that Ludovico Einaudi recorded for the album Seven Days Walking.
- Signed Piano Collection Book of Music Sheets:
- Ludovico Einaudi – The best of
- Essential Einaudi – Islands
- Ludovico Einaudi – The Piano collection
- The date of the hotel stay is checkin on 13th December until checkout on the 15th December
- 2 superior queen rooms are provided for the guests.
- Daily full American breakfast is included for each guest on the 14th and 15th December.
- Includes City Tax.
- The prize is one pair of return standard easyJet flights from Gatwick or Luton to Milan, Italy. Subject to availability.
- The Winner/s and their travel companion/s are entitled to one (1) piece of standard hold baggage per person each way for the Flights and one (1) piece of hand baggage may be taken on board the Flights per person each way. Hold baggage and hand baggage weight, size and security requirements can be found on the easyJet website: http://www.easyjet.com/en/help/preparing-to-fly/baggage
- The Flights can only be booked by emailing winner@easyJet.com.
- If a Winner cancels one or both of the Flights, no alternative or further Flights will be provided.
- The Winner and their travel companion must travel together on the same Flights.
- Each Entrant acknowledges that any costs not explicitly referred to in these terms and conditions as being part of the Flights shall be borne by the Winner. For the avoidance of doubt, the Flights exclude travel insurance, spending money and transfers to and from the airport.
- The Winner will be responsible for ensuring that they, and their travel companion, are available to travel and hold valid passports, any necessary visas and travel documents for the Flights.
- The booking and use of the Flights is subject to easyJet’s standard terms and conditions available at: https://www.easyjet.com/en/terms-and-conditions .
- The Flights are provided by easyJet Airline Company Limited, Hangar 89, London Luton Airport, Luton, Bedfordshire LU2 9PF.
- The content of the prize may be subject to change and/or substituted with a prize of equal or greater value.
- We require winner name, contact number and email to facilitate the prize.
- Not for resale, not transferable, there is no cash alternative.
- This is a charity competition and as such no refunds are given.