On Air Now
The Classic FM Concert with John Suchet 8pm - 10pm
27 September 2018, 15:51
On-air auction terms and conditions
1. Definitions and Introduction
1.1 In these terms and conditions the following words and phrases shall have the following meanings (and, where applicable in these terms and conditions, the singular shall include the plural):
1.2 These Auction Terms and Conditions together with the Competition Terms and Conditions shall apply to the Auction. Participation in any Auction shall be deemed an unconditional acceptance by you of these Conditions.
1.3 In the event that these Auction Terms and Conditions conflict with the Competition Terms and Conditions, the provisions of these Auction Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
1.4 References to “we”, “us” and “our” shall be to Global Charities and/or the Participating Radio Station(s).
2.1 During the Term, details relating to the Auction will be broadcast on the Participating Radio Station(s).
2.2 The auction will take place between 10:00 and 11:30 on Tuesday 02/10/2018 (“the Term”).
2.3 The Bid Period for each item will be clearly specified online and may be referred to on-air by a presenter.
2.4 Silent pre-bids may be taken on the Website in advance of the Bid Period. Should this happen the highest pre-bid received will be used as the opening bid for the Bid Period.
2.5 During the Bid Period each Participant must call the Auction Line only when directed to do so and only during the specified periods. Calls to this number are charged at local rates from a BT landline, other networks and mobile costs may be higher.
2.6 The highest Bid received during the Bid Period will be announced on air to the extent permissible until such time that the Bid has been beaten (if applicable). The highest genuine Bid received from any Participant at the end of the Bid Period will secure the item. Where a Bid is successful, the Participant will be contacted by the Participating Radio Station.
2.7 If at the end of the Bid Period there are two or more active bidders, a final silent bid will be taken from each active bidder, and the highest silent bid will secure the item.
2.8 Full details of all Auctions will be available on the Website including any specific terms & conditions for each lot.
2.9 The offer of an Auction item on-air shall constitute an offer which will be deemed to be accepted by the highest bidder during the Bid Period.
2.10 Participants must be 18 years of age or over. We reserve the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
3. Payment and delivery
3.1 Payment for an item must be by debit or credit card. The amount to be paid, having been deducted from or charged to the Participant’s debit or credit card, shall constitute consideration. All Participants must ensure that, prior to placing a bid, they are able to pay for any item which they wish to bid for.
3.2 Title in the items successfully bid for or purchased shall not pass on to the Participant until such time as payment for the item has been received by the Participating Radio Station and delivery has taken place.
3.3 Delivery of a prize or voucher with the prize details will be made within 28 (twenty eight) days to the address specified by the Participant provided that such address must be within England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. When an item is delivered, risk of damage to, or loss of, the item passes shall pass to the relevant Participant. We reserve the right to require photo ID from the successful Participant upon delivery.
All items offered for Auction shall be subject to availability and we shall not be liable for any claims, expenses, costs and/or any losses (including, but not limited to, loss of profits, indirect, pure economic and consequential losses or otherwise) or any damage (save for death or personal injury arising from negligence) suffered by any Participant.
3.5 All matters relating to the Auction shall be at our sole discretion.
3.6 Notwithstanding that a successful bid has been received, in the event that we discover that (i) the Participant was or should have been ineligible to make a bid for an item, or (ii) that the Participant should have been declared invalid for any other reason whatever (at our absolute discretion), we reserve the right to reject the bid. In such circumstances, we reserve the right to offer the prize to the second highest bidder.
Specific prize terms:
- This prize is for 2 VIP tickets to see Hans Zimmer perform The World Of Hans Zimmer A Symphonic Celebration at the Wizink Centre, Madrid, Spain on Sunday 7th April 2019.
- Included are 2 return premium economy flights from London to Madrid with British Airways.
- Flight will be subject to availability departing from London City Airport, London Gatwick Airport or London Heathrow Airport. Flights will ensure the winner is in Madrid for the Hans Zimmer concert on Sunday 7th April 2019.
- British Airways baggage restrictions apply.
- British Airways standard terms and conditions apply.
-Transfers and domestic connections are not included.
- Upgrades to a higher cabin are not permitted.
- Included in this prize is a dinner for 2 at SOMO restaurant with a house bottle of wine.
- Check in is at 2 PM, Check-out is at 12 PM.
The room is a deluxue room
- Two standard tickets are included for a flamenco show at the Casapata, Madrid.
- The ticket for the flamenco show includes one drink for each person.
- Flamenco shows are from Monday to Saturday at 22:30 for 90 minutes.
- On Fridays and Saturdays a show is available at at 20:00 hours too.
- We cannot guarantee which date the winner and guest will attend the flamenco show, preferred date to attend should be communicated to the Global charities team at time of booking.
- Included are two standard entrance tickets to The Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofia, Spain.
- The Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofia opening dates and times are as follows:
Tuesday - Closed
Saturday - 8am - 9pm
Sunday - 10m - 7pm (1:30pm onwards main museum is shut)
- Prize winner must be over 18 years of age.
- All elements of this prize must be redeemed at the same time of booking by the winner and accompanying guest.
- Additional meals, spa treatments, gratuities and alcoholic beverages are not included and are at expense of the winner.
- Transfers are not included in this prize.
-Winner and guests must travel on the same flight and dates and carry valid passports. The prize must be used by the winner and guests travelling together.
- Travel insurance is required but is not included. It is the prize-winner's responsibility to ensure they have proper travel insurance cover prior to beginning their journey.
- Visa: It is the prize-winner's responsibility to ensure that, should a visa be required to enter a country, this is to be obtained prior to travelling. Failure to ensure the correct documentation is in place will probably result in the passenger being refused passage on the aircraft.
- Health Documents: It is the prize-winner's responsibility to ensure they are in possession of any health documents that may be required for the country they are visiting. Failure to obtain such documents could result in the passenger being refused entry.
- Once travel and accommodation have been booked, the prize cannot be amended.
- Whilst we will do all we can to book your trip on your preferred dates, this is not always possible and we ask that you provide three options as soon as possible after the competition and at least four weeks’ notice to make a booking.
- More popular holiday periods for the destination get booked up quickly and there are no guarantees we will be able to offer your first choice.