Terms and conditions – Classic FM Hall of Fame 2019
14 January 2019, 00:00 | Updated: 14 January 2019, 00:01
1. The following rules (“Specific Rules”) together the general competition terms and conditions (which can be found at http://www.classicfm.com/about-classic-fm/competition-terms-conditions/ and are also available on request from Classic FM) (“Competition Terms and Conditions”) of Global (as defined in the Competition Terms and Conditions) apply to the ‘Viking Radio Prize Draw’ ("the Prize Draw") which will run from Monday 14 January to Sunday 24 March 2019 on Classic FM in conjunction with voting for the Classic FM Hall of Fame 2019.
2. Anyone who enters the Prize Draw (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have read and accepted the Specific Rules and the Competition Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them.
Details of the Classic FM Hall of Fame:
3. Voting in the Classic FM Hall of Fame opens at 00:01 on Monday 14 January and closes at 23.59 on Sunday 24 March 2019. The new top 300 chart will be announced over the Easter Weekend 2019 (Friday 19 – Monday 22 April).
4. To vote in the Classic FM Hall of Fame Entrants must either:
i. go online to http://www.classicfm.com and register their details; or
ii. submit an entry by post addressed to Classic FM Hall Of Fame 2019, Classic FM, 30 Leicester Square, London, WC2H 7LA.
5. Entrants must:
i. vote for their three favourite pieces of classical music;
ii. clearly number their votes to indicate order of preference and must include as much detail of the piece of music as possible. For example, where a composer has written more than one piece in any genre, e.g. multiple symphonies, the specific details of the piece are required to accurately identify it; and
iii. include their name, email address, phone number and address.
6. The following rules apply to voting in the Classic FM Hall of Fame:
i. Entrants must vote for three separate pieces;
ii. Votes are weighted in terms of preference. A first choice vote is attributed 3 points, a second choice vote 2 points and a third choice vote 1 point. Votes should be entered in order of preference and the final chart is dependent on the total number of points assigned to each piece. If two or more pieces tie with the same number of points, the number of first, second and third choice votes will be taken to decide the final chart positions;
iii. An external party will independently verify votes.
7. For the avoidance of doubt, the following entries will not count towards the Classic FM Hall of Fame vote:
i. Postal votes that are addressed incorrectly;
ii. Where the information in respect of a piece of music is incomplete;
iii. Where the piece of music cannot be accurately identified the vote will not be counted.
iv. Second or subsequent votes from the same Entrant;
v. Votes submitted without the correct name and contact details;
vi. Votes made by automated or machine assisted methods; and
vii. Votes submitted using Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube or posted online.
Details of the Prize Draw:
8. There will be one prize, offered by Viking. All eligible Entrants submitting votes for the Classic FM Hall of Fame 2019 in accordance with these Specific Rules, whether online or by post, will automatically be entered into the Prize Draw.
9. One winner will be selected in a random draw by an independent party from all eligible entries, held on Monday 25 March. The winner will be notified by telephone within one week of the closing date and will be sent, by email or post, details of how to accept their prize. Failure by the winner to accept the prize in the manner specified within 14 days of the promoter's email or letter will make any claim invalid and the promoter will then select another winner (again selected randomly in a draw) from all remaining eligible entries who will be contacted as above.
10. Entrants must be aged 18 years or over and resident in the UK. Proof of eligibility must be provided upon request.
11. Employees and agents of (a) Viking or (b) any company connected with the production or distribution of the Prize Draw, as well as their relatives or members of their family or household, are not eligible to enter the Prize Draw.
12. Entry is restricted to one entry per person; duplicate entries will be excluded from the draw.
Details of the Prize:
13. The prize is a 15-day cruise for two people sharing a B grade Veranda Stateroom on Viking’s Grand European Tour river cruise. The trip must be taken on the date specified and is non-transferable.
· The cruise will depart on 25 September 2019.
· The cruise includes the following:
· Two return scheduled economy class flights from London
· 15-day cruise visiting 4 countries
· 12 guided tours
· All meals on board
· Specially selected house wine, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner on board
· Free tea and coffee and snacks any time on board
· Free Wi-Fi on board
· All port charges, government taxes and overseas transfers
Terms and Conditions of Prize
14. The prize winner and companion will be responsible for their own transportation to and from the London airport and all associated costs.
15. Travel insurance and gratuities are not included. It is strongly recommended that travellers take out adequate travel insurance.
16. Any other expenses incurred in connection with the prize will be the sole responsibility of the prize winner and their companion.
17. The holiday must be taken on the dates stated above.
18. The prize winner and their companion must have valid passports and, where necessary, obtain appropriate vaccinations and inoculations.
19. Neither the Promotor nor Viking Cruises can be responsible for unforeseen cancellations or changes in dates or times of flights or cancellation of the holiday due to circumstances beyond their reasonable control.
20. The prize is ABTA and ATOL protected.
21. Neither the Promotor nor Viking Cruises can be responsible for entries that are lost, damaged or incomplete.
22. The Prize Draw and these terms and conditions, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and any applicable provisions of mandatory local law.
23. The Promoter of the Prize Draw is Global, 30 Leicester Square, London WC2H 7LA