10 Valentine's Dates Across The UK
4 February 2015, 11:44 | Updated: 26 November 2018, 11:31
Some brilliant ideas for a great Valentine's Day 2015 outside the capital.
1. Valentine’s Express, Tyseley Station, Birmingham, Feb 14
Have a special day on board this romantic steam train ride from Tyseley to Oxford, and back, including champagne and a specially prepared four-course meal.
2. Latin Passions Classical Concert, Usher Hall, Edinburgh, Feb 13
Enjoy an incredible love-filled concert at Usher Hall, featuring some of the most famous film love-themes with a special solo appearance from harpist Xavier de Maistre.
Visit one of these two picturesque settings for a wonderful romantic trip away. Choose between the beautiful cliffs and sea-side of Portmeirion or the spectacular mountain lake, Lake Vyrnwy.
4. Day at Corfe Castle, Dorset, Feb 14
Visit the beautiful, serene ruins of Corfe Castle, a National Trust site, with a romantic Valentine’s Day tea afterwards at this lovely setting.
5. Wine Tasting and Lunch at Gonville & Caius College, Cambridge, Feb 14
Spend Valentine’s Day at one of Cambridge University’s most beautiful colleges, with the chance to taste wine from around the world, followed by a brilliant two-course lunch and champagne.
6. Romeo & Juliet, Nuffield Theatre, Southampton, Feb 14
Immerse yourself in SUSU Performing Art’s special Valentine’s Day production of Shakespeare’s enduringly popular tale of a star-crossed love affair.
7. Valentine’s Afternoon Tea at Alnwick Garden, Northumberland, Feb 11–14
Have a day to remember in the beautiful gardens at Alnwick, with an afternoon tea and romantic love songs performed live.
8. Katherine Jenkins live at Brighton Dome, Brighton, Feb 15
Treat yourself to an incredible live show from one of the UK’s biggest stars, Katherine Jenkins, on Valentine’s weekend.
9. A Very Special Valentine Concert, Ulster Hall, Belfast, Feb 14
This unmissable classical concert, filled with romantic favourites and performed by the Ulster Orchestra, would be a wonderful Valentine’s Day treat in Belfast.
10. Valentine Dinner, Chatsworth House, Derbyshire, Feb 14
Indulge in an exquisite Valentine’s meal at the gorgeous setting of Chatsworth House, one of the famous estates that appears in Jane Austen’s timeless classic, 'Pride and Prejudice'.
Sign up to Classic FM Romance today - find someone on your wavelength