15 memes you’ll only understand if you’re in the hell of practising your instrument
28 June 2018, 17:10 | Updated: 28 June 2018, 17:23
Sure, practising your instrument makes you a better musician – but it's also an extremely hellish experience.
1. The worst thing that could happen to a budding musician
2. Nope, absolutely not
3. When you'll literally find any excuse to avoid practising…
4. When half your life is spent sellotaping downloaded bits of sheet music together
5. Trying desperately to achieve a balanced lifestyle
6. When E strings are your ultimate enemy
7. Or is that key signatures?
8. Or maybe even needlessly awful time signatures
9. When it's the night before your recital, you still can't play the cadenza and everything feels sad
10. And your Grammy seems to have got lost in the post
11. When you can legitimately get away with sleeping for half the rehearsal
12. Those are the best kinds of rehearsals
13. Alien hands > normal human hands
14. STOP TOUCHING IT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND
15. 28 times, and counting.