12 angry neighbours who had no patience for classical musicians
23 August 2018, 16:12 | Updated: 23 August 2018, 17:02
These are the some of the best passive-aggressive reactions from people who just couldn’t handle their muso neighbours...
1. When this guy’s neighbour wouldn’t stop singing Wicked, so he sent her this aggro note
“I don’t think I could be heard over ‘Defying Gravity’”
“As much as we like musical theatre, could you please stop”— CAL ROSCOW (@calroscow) November 5, 2017
An actual note from my friend’s neighbours. pic.twitter.com/NnGMOwTV7k
2. When Jane at No. 9 hadn’t *quite* mastered her tuba scales
Come on, Jane.
Can’t tell if my neighbour is drilling through a wall or taken up playing the tuba. Whatever it is Jane love please cease and desist— Annabelle Ede (@EdeAnnabelle) November 22, 2017
3. When every elephant around the world heard this comparison, and was offended
4. When this poor flautist’s talent was seriously taken for granted by their neighbour, who had zero chill
5. When this guy’s falsetto skills challenged his neighbours’ eardrums...
My neighbor's Vietnamese karaoke has hit a new low...or maybe I should say high. Didn't know that musical note existed.— Lydia Mazzei (@overweightbooks) October 27, 2013
6. When this guy didn’t recognise the talent of the Jacqueline du Pré of his generation
Is there a polite way to ask your classical musician neighbour to STOP PLAYING THE DAMN CELLO?! pic.twitter.com/z5C87SRM7z— Matthew Poirier (@MattPoirier1) February 19, 2017
No Matthew, no there isn’t.
7. When this poor neighbour was forced to suffer the heatwave indoors, accompanied by the sound of elementary brass
I'm all for people living their dreams and trying new things but my neighbour has decided to try and learn the trombone during a heatwave.— Phoebe (@fubarpops) July 20, 2016
8. When the most offensive part of this guitarist’s practice session was that his ‘E’ matched the note of his neighbour’s ringtone
annoyingly-bad-musical-neighbour strikes again! this time tuning his guitar; each note has the same tone as my phone vibrating. #frustrating— VulpesLoxes (@vulpesloxes) October 23, 2012
9. These neighbours, who refused to appreciate next door’s clearly inferior taste in music
“Until you start to appreciate real music…”
(See the uncensored version here)
10. This guy, who had no patience for the interminable sound of 'The Imperial March' on brass
It's 7pm, I have 24 final papers to grade before tomorrow when my lovely partner arrives so we can finally begin married life in the same country, and the neighbours' kid has chosen tonight to start learning the trombone. Outside.— Ian Whittington (@Sir__Ian) April 27, 2018
11. Also this guy, who had zero appreciation for the complexity of The White Stripes' melodies
If one of you happens to be my neighbour that has been playing 7 nation army non stop on your trombone for hours can you stop now please?— James Thomas (@JimNatives) June 2, 2017
12. But then, this lovely neighbour made up for all the negativity with a humble request for some Franz Liszt