The Brandenburg Gate: the original city limits
This image appears in the gallery:
Berlin: Home of the Berlin Philharmonic
8. The Brandenburg Gate: the original city limits
The Brandenburg Gate was commissioned by King Frederick William II of Prussia as a sign of peace, and built by Carl Gotthard Langhans from 1788-1791. It was fully restored between 2000-2002 after having suffered considerable damage in World War II.