Minhall's Spicy Summer Tuna
Saturday 13 July 2013
Anne-Marie says, 'This perfect dish for the warm weather takes minutes to cook - as long as you get everything chopped beforehand. I like to slice on the diagonal to make it a bit fancy.'
Ingredients (for one):
Thick tuna steak - about 200-225g
3-4 spring onions finely sliced
5-6 baby corns sliced
Clove (or 2) of garlic finely sliced
Thumbnail-sized piece of ginger grated or thinly sliced
1-2 chopped green or red chillies (depending on how much heat you can take)
Handful of chopped coriander
Noodles (any kind you fancy)
Lime (zested and juiced)
Groundnut or rapeseed oil for frying.
- Cook the noodles according to the packet, drain and leave to one side; they'll get heated through again later.
- In a frying pan or wok, heat a tablespoon of the oil before adding the garlic, chillies and the ginger for 3-4 minutes. Then, in go the baby corns for about 5 minutes or so.
- Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan, brush your tuna with some oil on both sides (never the pan) and season lightly. Now pop the spring onions into the frying pan and stir everything well.
- Put the tuna onto the griddle and cook for 2 minutes each side.
- Add the noodles to the frying pan together with the lime zest and juice as well as a few drops of soy sauce and the coriander, (save some to garnish).
- After a quick toss, pile your noodle and veg mix onto a plate topped with the tuna – delicious!