About Andrew Collins
Award-winning writer, movie critic and broadcaster Andrew Collins is the presenter of Saturday Night at the Movies on Classic FM.
- Andrew began his career in music journalism at the NME, going on to edit Q magazine and Empire.
- On radio, he was nominated for a Writers’ Guild Award for his comedy series with Stuart Maconie, Fantastic Voyage.
- Andrew won a Sony Gold radio award for Collins & Maconie's Hit Parade and went on to co-present Collins & Maconie's Movie Club on ITV.
- Andrew's hit sitcom Not Going Out – co-written with its star Lee Mack – won the Breakthrough Award at the Royal Television Society Awards and the Rose D’Or for Best Sitcom.
- Andrew has written two seasons of radio series Mr Blue Sky and an episode of Common Ground with Simon Day for Sky Atlantic.
- He was a script consultant on the hit movie The Inbetweeners 2 and was a regular writer for EastEnders.
- Andrew is currently the Film Editor of Radio Times and a weekly TV critic for The Guardian.
- In 1998, Andrew published his first book, Still Suitable for Miners, an authorised biography of the singer-songwriter Billy Bragg.
- He has written three volumes of autobiography, humorous accounts of "growing up normal" in 1970s Northampton, struggling with art school in London in the 1980s, and forging a media career in the 1980s and 1990s.
Classic FM's Shows A-Z
- Alan Titchmarsh
- Aled Jones
- Alex James's Date Night
- Alexander Armstrong
- Anne-Marie Minhall
- Bill Turnbull
- Charlotte Green
- The Classic FM Chart
- Classic FM Drive
- The Classic FM Hall of Fame Hour
- David Mellor
- Emma Nelson
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about Classical Music
- The Full Works Concert with Jane Jones and Catherine Bott
- Jane Jones
- John Suchet
- Katie Breathwick
- More Music Breakfast
- Mozart - The Man Revealed
- Nicholas Owen
- Sam Pittis
- Saturday Night at the Movies
- Smooth Classics at Seven
- Smooth Classics