The much-loved presenter is the perfect companion for your weekend mid-mornings, 10am-1pm.
About Bill Turnbull
About Bill Turnbull
The much-loved presenter is the perfect companion at the weekend, Saturday and Sunday 10am-1pm.
- Bill was born in Surrey and educated at Eton, followed by the University of Edinburgh, where he edited the student newspaper.
- His career began at Scottish local station Radio Clyde in 1978, and later, he freelanced for a number of years in the USA.
- As a journalist Bill reported from more than 30 countries including a four-year stint in Washington D.C. He reported on a number of major stories, including the trial of O.J. Simpson and the Monica Lewinsky scandal.
- As well as being a much-loved breakfast television presenter for 15 years, Bill was a contestant in the third series of Strictly Come Dancing in 2005, finishing sixth out of 12 contestants.
- In January 2008, Bill appeared on Celebrity Mastermind. His specialist subject was beekeeping.
- In 2012, he appeared in Professor Green's music video for Remedy.
- Bill is a fan of Wycombe Wanderers football club where he commentates on home games for online listeners.
- His hobbies include beekeeping, chickens and dancing. In 2010 he published The Bad Beekeepers Club, a book about the ups and downs of beekeeping.
- He enjoys long distance running, having competed in the London Marathon on a number of occasions, and the Great North Run on 5 October 2008.
Contact Bill Turnbull
Classic FM's Shows A-Z
- Alan Titchmarsh
- Aled Jones
- Alex James's Date Night
- Alexander Armstrong
- Anne-Marie Minhall
- Bill Turnbull
- Charlotte Green
- The Classic FM Chart
- Classic FM Drive
- The Classic FM Hall of Fame Hour
- David Mellor
- Emma Nelson
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about Classical Music
- The Full Works Concert with Jane Jones and Catherine Bott
- Jane Jones
- John Suchet
- Katie Breathwick
- More Music Breakfast
- Mozart - The Man Revealed
- Nicholas Owen
- Sam Pittis
- Saturday Night at the Movies
- Smooth Classics at Seven
- Smooth Classics