The Wasps - Overture Ralph Vaughan Williams Download 'The Wasps - Overture' on iTunes
Which film soundtrack composer captured your imagination the best in their epic compositions? See where they're placed in the Classic FM top 10 film soundtracks chart, compiled from the 2010 Hall of Fame.
Howard Shore holds on to the top spot as the highest placed film score, after facing stiff competition from Ennio Morricone this year, but the big winner was Craig Armstrong, whose soundtrack to Romeo and Juliet was the second highest climber on the chart this year?
1. Shore - The Lord of the Rings (44)
2. Morricone - The Mission (68)
3. Williams - Schindler's List (92)
4. Zimmer - Gladiator (113)
5. Hess - Ladies in Lavender (114)
6. Armstrong - Romeo and Juliet (124)
7. Williams - Saving Private Ryan (130)
8. Shostakovich - The Unforgettable Year 1919 (139)
9. Addinsell - Warsaw Concerto (from Dangerous Moonlight) (146)
10. Williams - Star Wars (156)