Join a much-loved Classic FM presenter at a world-famous golf course.
The highest bidder for this fabulous prize in our Father’s Day auction will play a round of golf at The Belfry with none other than our very own Nicholas Owen. Nicholas can be heard on Classic FM on Saturday lunchtimes, broadcasting three hours of the finest classical pieces along with the stories behind the music.
Designed by Dave Thomas and Peter Alliss, the majestic fairways and carpet-smooth greens of The Brabazon form a world-famous stage on which some of golf’s most exhilarating dramas have played out. Legendary in the world of golf, and the spiritual home of the Ryder Cup, The Brabazon’s perilous bunkers and lakes have tested some of the greatest players including Ballesteros, Woods and Faldo. Experience the thrill of this course for yourself!
This prize even includes two buggies and lunch for four in Sam’s at The Belfry – the perfect end to a memorable day.
If this wasn’t enough, you’ll also become the proud owner of one of Olympus’ most versatile compact cameras – the Olympus SZ-31MR. What better way to capture those moments to remember from your day of golf with Nicholas? Not only can you taking stunning photos thanks to a 24x wide zoom and new iHS technologies, you can also create memorable Full HD movies too. But it doesn't stop there – if you can't decide whether to film or take a photograph of your subject don't compromise, the SZ-31MR allows you do both at once with no break in filming or loss of quality in the photo.
There is so much packed into this amazingly compact camera that we can't mention it all here – for more information, visit the Olympus website .
You can bid for this prize online from 3.55pm on Thursday 7th June 2012. Bidding will close at 3.55pm on Sunday 17th June 2012.
This amazing prize includes:
4 Ball on The Brabazon
Lunch in Sam’s for 4
1 x SZ-31MR camera
Please note this prize does not include:
Camera case and any other accessories
Prize Terms and Conditions
- This prize is for 2 people on a mutually agreeable date in 2012.
- The prize must be taken by 30th December 2012, subject to availability and must be taken as detailed.
- Handicap restrictions apply of 24 for men and 32 for ladies and juniors on The Brabazon.
- The Belfry reserves the right to withdraw the competition at any time and/or change the prize due to unforeseen circumstances. Standard Belfry terms and conditions apply.
- Nicholas Owen will also bring a guest to join him, the winner and the winner’s guest for the round of golf and lunch.
- The prize includes two buggies and lunch for four at Sam’s at The Belfry.
- The camera has a 2-year guarantee.
- The content of the prize may be subject to change and/or substituted with a prize of equal value.
- We reserve the right to change the date with reasonable notice and substitute with another mutually agreeable date.
- Travel, accommodation and camera case/accessories not included.
- Unless otherwise specified, prizes are not suitable for children under the age of 12. Anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult age 18+.
- Prize is not transferable, cannot be resold and there is no cash alternative.
- Availability is likely to be limited during school holidays, public holidays and at weekends.
- A member of the Global Charities team may be present to manage your experience and take photographs for marketing purposes. If you would prefer to remain anonymous or not be included in photographs please discuss your preferences with your contact at Global Charities.
- The artist’s management team and/or other chosen guest may also be present at the event. Filming or photography may be carried out for their purposes.
- We will require a contact telephone number and email address to facilitate this prize.