10 pieces you’ll definitely know but whose names you don’t
25 July 2017, 13:28
This is a comprehensive guide to all the classical pieces you’ve definitely heard, but probably don’t know the name of.
Have you ever heard a piece and thought, ‘I KNOW THAT!’, but you can’t Google it because there are no lyrics?
To help assuage this common problem among classical fans, pianist Fabricio Vinheteiro has made a handy video of himself playing ten of the most-played classical pieces, with the name of each piece on the screen.
The pieces are as follows:
- Franz Liszt – Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2
- Frédéric Chopin – Grande Valse Brillante
- Frédéric Chopin – Fantaisie Impromptu
- Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky – Piano Concerto No. 1
- Claude Debussy – Clair de Lune
- Johann Sebastian Bach – Fugue 2
- Frédéric Chopin – Nocturne No. 2, Op. 9
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart – Piano Sonata No. 16
- Domenico Scarlatti – Sonata in G major
- Frédéric Chopin – Waltz No. 2, Op. 64
How many of these pieces could you already name?
For more videos like this, find Vinheteiro on YouTube!