Kudos to whoever did this. And we hope it’s performed at their wedding.
Taking place as part of the UK's largest conference and exhibition for anyone involved in music education, the Music Teacher Awards for Excellence were announced at London's Barbican on February 7.
The shortlist was compiled by the editorial team of Music Teacher magazine from over 200 public nominations, with 12 winners being selected by the judging panel.
The awards were presented by Classic FM's Margherita Taylor during a glittering ceremony attended by 190 guests from across the music education industry.
See the full list of winners below:
- Best Musical Initiative, sponsored by the Royal Marines Band Service
Winner: Singing Playgrounds
- Best Print Resource, sponsored by Rhinegold Publishing
Winner: Portsmouth Music Hub Songbooks
- Best Digital/Technological Resource, sponsored by RhinegoldJobs.co.uk
Winner: Friday Afternoons
- Best SEN Resource
Winner: Drake Music Scotland
- Excellence in Primary/Early Years Music
Winner: Mini Music Makers & Little Music Makers
- Best School Music Department, sponsored by the MMA
Winner: Baden-Powell & St Peter’s Church of England Junior School
- Hub Innovation Award, sponsored by the Musicians’ Union
Winner: SoundCity (Brighton & Hove)
- Most Innovative Retailer
Winner: Knock on Wood
- Music Teacher Magazine Editor’s Award, sponsored by Higgledy Piggledy Jazz
Winner: Jane Cutler
- Best Classical Music Education Initiative, sponsored by Classic FM
Winner: In Harmony Opera North
- Lifetime Achievement Award, sponsored by Black Cat Music & MusicPracticeRooms.com
Winners: Vivienne Price & Christine Croshaw