And it sounds like nothing else we’ve ever heard
Bach, Tallis, Tippett, Walton and more feature in the programme for the Enthronement service for the new Archbishop Of Canterbury, Justin Welby.
A host of classical music will feature in this afternoon's Enthronement service for Justin Welby, the new Archbishop of Canterbury and forthcoming presenter on Classic FM.
Music by Thomas Tallis, Charles Villiers Stanford, Sir Michael Tippett and Sir William Walton will feature in the 3pm service to be held at Canterbury Cathedral, alongside three works by J.S. Bach.
The full programme of music for the service is as follows:
- Thomas Tallis - Salvator Mundi
- Sir Charles Villiers Stanford - Justorum Animae
- Peter Philips - Ave Jesu Christe
- Sir Michael Tippett - Deep River
- Sir William Walton - Set me as a seal upon thine heart
- Philip Wilby - Vox Dei
- Anton Bruckner - Os Justi
- J.S. Bach - Prelude in E flat (BWV 552)
- J.S. Bach - Trio sonata in G (BWV 530)
- J.S. Bach - Prelude and Fugue in C (BWV 545)
The Archbishop will present Classic FM's Easter Sunday Breakfast Show on 31st March.