The idea of 123sing! is that you organise, join or go and listen to a singing event over the weekend of 1, 2 and 3 October 2010.
We encourage organisers to put on events in aid of Classic FM’s charity Music Makers , which provides music education and therapy for disadvantaged children and adults in the UK. Although, it is not compulsory for you to raise money to take part.
When you look through the ideas on the following pages, think about these suggestions for how you could raise money:
- Invite friends, colleagues, neighbours or family to sing with you and collect a small donation from everyone.
- Take donations on the door from your audience, or pass a collecting bucket around at the end of your performance.
- Get sponsored to sing! Get together for a singathon and see how much you can raise. Set up a page at www.virginmoneygiving.com
- Hold a raffle at your event. Local shops, pubs and businesses will be happy to donate prizes.
- Sell tickets for your performance and donate the proceeds to the charity.
Remember, every penny you raise will benefit Classic FM Music Makers