Call Of Duty: Black Ops II score composer Jack Wall lets us know what it's like to work on a "juggernaut" of a video game.
Jack Wall is an award-winning American video game music composer who has worked on Myst, Splinter Cell, Jade Empire, Mass Effect and Call of Duty.
- He was born in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania, and started his career as a civil engineer.
- He played in a rock band as a hobby, but was inspired to take up music professionally after recording a demo tape.
- His first soundtrack, Vigilance, was released in 1997.
- The soundtrack to Mass Effect won numerous accolades, achieving cult status with fans. In 2011, Wall was nominated for a BAFTA for his work on Mass Effect 2.
- He uses a wide range of influences in his compositions, ranging from authentic pan-Asian instruments to 80s synth rock.
- In addition to his compositional output, Wall co-created Video Games Live and served as its Music Director and Conductor from 2005-2010.
Wall is not only a composer; he is also a talented conductor, with the National Symphony Orchestra of Washington DC, San Diego Symphony, Royal Scottish National Orchestra, and the English Chamber Orchestras being only a few of the groups he has had under his baton.