Stuart Mitchell (1965-present) is a Scottish pianist and composer, best known for his Seven Wonders Suite (2001).
Life and Music
- Stuart Mitchell was born in Edinburgh and began to learn the piano at the age of five.
- His father is the jazz pianist and composer Thomas J Mitchell and his influence and guidance has been invaluable to Stuart's music.
- By the time he was 15, Stuart had discovered a whole new world of technology in keyboard synthesis which interested him greatly and this led to developing new sound textures and performance abilities to his music.
- In 1986, he signed his first record deal with Red Bus Records, London for five years as a producer and writer.
- 2005 saw Stuart's first major classical CD release of his score Seven Wonder Suite for Orchestra, performed by The Prague Symphony Orchestra, The Kuhn Mixed choir and conducted by Mario Klemens.
- Stuart now feels that the most fulfilling and spiritual aspect to music is the inspirational and creative development of your own musical 'inner voice'.
Top Mitchell Pieces
Powered by Facebook