Skip to Content
The RLPO is at the heart of Liverpool's cultural life. It has links with legendary conductors - and was the first UK orchestra to enter into a ground-breaking partnership with Classic FM.
The Philharmonic Society's first permanent venue was formally opened on 27 August 1849. Their first concert was performed by an orchestra of 96 and a choir of more than 200. The hall was not full for the first performance because of two factors - the high price of tickets, and the prevailing fear that the building would collapse.
Powered by Facebook