Mirga Gražinytė-Tyla's biography
Mirga Gražinytė-Tyla is Music Director of the City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra and Associate Conductor of the Los Angeles Philharmonic.
- Gražinytė-Tyla was a Dudamel Fellow with the Los Angeles Philharmonic in the 2012-13 season, before being promoted to Associate Conductor of the LA Phil.
- She is serving as the Music Director of the Salzburg Landestheater from 2015 until 2017.
- Born in Vilnius, Lithuania, in 1986, her father Romualdas Gražinis is a choir conductor; her mother Sigutė Gražinienė is a pianist and singer.
- Before pursuing her studies at the Music Conservatory in Zurich, she studied at the Music Conservatory Felix Mendelssohn-Bartholdy in Leipzig and at the Music Conservatory in Bologna, Italy. She graduated with a bachelor’s degree in choral and orchestral conducting from the University of Music and Fine Arts, Graz, Austria.
- Gražinytė-Tyla was discovered by the German Conducting Forum (Deutscher Dirigentenforum) in April 2009, and was one of the revelations of the 2009 Kurt Masur Conducting Seminar in Bonn, Germany on 'The Art of Conducting Beethoven'.
- She won the prestigious Salzburg Festival Young Conductors Award in 2012.
- Gražinytė-Tyla is serving as the Music Director of the Salzburg Landestheater from 2015 until 2017.
- She has been guest conductor with the Seattle and San Diego symphonies; collaborated with the Beethoven Orchestra, the Deutsche Radiophilharmonie, the Choir of the Bavarian Radio, the MDR Symphony Orchestra, the Radio as well as the Chamber Orchestras of Vienna, the Lithuanian National Symphony Orchestra, the Danish National Symphony Orchestra, the Camerata Salzburg, and the Orchestra of the Komische Oper in Berlin.
Video: Gražinytė-Tyla conducts LA Phil
Mirga Grazinyte-Tyla conducts the LA Phil at the Hollywood Bowl
Grazinyte-Tyla conducts the Carmen Suite (by Bizet, arranged by Schedrin)
And we got a virtuoso to play it for us
This NHS worker has some opera as well as a cuppa on his tea break…
A violinist who regularly plays traditional music from Serbia, Romania and Bulgaria says he’s been abused while performing on the streets of Bath
Powered by Facebook