Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church
This image appears in the gallery:
Berlin: Home of the Berlin Philharmonic
6. Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church
The original 1890s building was badly damaged in a bombing raid in 1943, so a new church building was built on the same site between 1959-63. The concrete walls house 21,292 pieces of blue, red, yellow, and green stained glass, creating a glowing blue interior.